Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Couple of Thoughts on Haiti and How We Should Respond

Events like those that have/are taking place in the small island nation of Haiti often leave me wondering what I can do. The size and scope of the problems are so much larger than my limited resources seem capable of impacting. I am not a doctor or a construction worker. My guess is most of you are in the same boat. In response to the recent events and in anticipation that there will be a future need. My friend Mark Driscoll has helped to start a new organization designed enable the repairing and planting of the churches in these devastated areas.

This organization is called Churches Helping Churches.


If you are interested in participating there are links there to see footage immediately following the devastation and give. As a church we are participating and you can give through Journey Fellowship or give directly via the website.

Also, this past Sunday (1/24/2010) Driscoll shared his experiences including some very intense and graphic footage from his time on the ground. I encourage you to take a look and watch the whole thing. It is about an hour, but really nothing else you will watch on T.V. will be as worthwhile. I am including here on my blog the video feed.



No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter