Friday, April 3, 2009

Fun Link Friday

With the rest of life so full I have been finding it hard to actually write out, intelligent, well-thought, profound, or even pratical blog posts.

So my plan for a while is to take Fridays and post links to some of the stuff I have found throughout the week.  I hope you enjoy.

One of my favorite blogs is Stuff Christians Like; the idea has been blatantly stolen from the Stuff White People Like blog.  This link is the first time though that I have ever thought man I needed to hear that, instead of boy that was funny.  Check out his post "Thinking You're Naked".

My wife claims that I have a man crush on Mark Driscoll, planting pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle.  While I wouldn't call it that, I do appreciate his willingness to boldly declare the Word, love people, and care desperately about the church.  A couple of weeks ago, he preached a sermon on what a Godly man looks like.  I think every guy and gal in the land should listen, especially those girls looking for a "man."  Be sure you know what the right guy looks like.  And single guys be certain that you are being a "man" and not something else.  Here is a link to the video hosted on the Mars Hill website, Marriage and Men.

I recently came across this great site that regularly posts great quotes from wise men.  As a guy who loves a great quote this site gives me good things to think on regularly.  You can even follow them on twitter if you want, @firstimportance.  For me any site that regularly posts Keller and Spurgeon is going to get a visit.  www.firstimportance.org

A good friend of mine has his own marketing/branding company.  He even did some work for us at the Journey; a bonus is that we are one of his website examples, very cool!

I hope you all have had a great weekend, find someplace to worship Jesus this weekend, and make plans now to join the Journey on Easter as we have our Grand Opening Launch.

j

1 comment:

Kathryn Maher said...

I just listened to Mark Driscoll's "Men and Marriage" and was very impressed. VERY!

Kathryn Maher

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter